- Listen to your concerns.
- Give you information about your rights.
- Assist you to identify and clarify issues.
- Advocate on your behalf to resolve your concerns.
- Help with conflict resolution.
- Provide information and
- access to life skills/work skills programmes.
- Advice and information on peer support
Support you at meetings with...
- Doctors- GP or Mental health
- WINZ - benefit or housing
- Mental Health Services
- Community agencies
- Government agencies
Assist you to...
- Advocate on your behalf
- Assist to write Letters
- Transport you to meetings
- Put advance directives in place
- Refer to other services and/or people that may be more suitable
Hi my name is Anne Collins, I am raised in Blenheim and continue to enjoy living here. I have six amazing children ranging from 30 to 19 years old plus two beautiful granddaughters, 7 and 3 years old.
While raising my children, I have been a caregiver for Oranga Tamariki (CYFS) where I have meet some amazing people and had many experiences with different agencies. I have always been passionate about children’s wellbeing, working in the field of family violence advocating for women and children to be free from violence and live safe and without fear in our community.
I have had my own experience of mental health issues which I am still dealing with everyday, which is part of the reason I became a counsellor. I am enjoying meeting and working with our clients and advocating on behalf of them within our community, while building relationships with the many agencies and people along the way.
Kia ora, my name is Carla and just started as one of the new advocates.
I have lived in Marlborough for over 20 years and know this community well.
I know very well what it is like to live with mental illness everyday and how it affects the whole family.
I understand how hard it is to ask for help or get people understand what you are going through.
We are here to help, to support and advocate on your behalf. It takes courage to ask for help so trust you deserve to be supported.